Monday, December 13, 2010

"Untitled"
19 x 26
wtrclr

Trying to finish strong. Time constraints are a problem. Last 3 nights been finishing between 1:30am and 2. Not starting until just before midnight. Discarding the first few and whipping out the final one in a short time. It gets frustrating as I would like to take my time, but a man has to sleep. This project has been something I more or less just press through. There have been some really satisfying moments artistically. And some good friends have been made along the way, although I have neglected many of the relationships more than I should have. But much of the time I wish I had not attempted this. I originally had hoped to accomplish two main things. To get myself painting again; and have a great sense of satisfaction at the end. Hopefully I will continue to paint, albeit at my own leisure (that sounds nice), and I will be able to look back at this year and smile. All the same, I am aware that I may not want to paint for some time and may look back at this year and wince. I really do not know how I will feel when I am through this year...



No comments:

Post a Comment