Monday, December 27, 2010

"Into the Abyss"
Watercolor
28" x 18"

Have found sort of a rhythm in the sequence of paintings. Something about the way abstract is interspersed with realism; and of course Red Man. Haven't looked or thought too deeply into it but there may be somewhat of a formula emerging. I planned on finishing with all landscapes and faces, but find myself going back to experimental shapes and blending of colors in this latest one. Rarely am I pleased with these abstracts at first, but do tend to get some positive responses to them. Later they tend to grow on me. It is difficult to gauge if this type of painting is successful as I have no idea what I am trying to accomplish as it happens. (Though I tend to access private thoughts to guide the brush) Several weeks from now I'll start to form a more concrete opinion of the piece...

Oh, and just 4 more left!

No comments:

Post a Comment