Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Moon" Watercolor. 14" x 10"

This summer I am overseeing a downtown beautification project for the City of Bloomington. The art loft is in the middle of the project. I have decided instead of posting the picture of the daily painting immediately after finishing, I will post the next evening. This gives me the option of staying the night at the loft and waking up at the job site. The loft will double as a job trailer, of sorts.
Snapshot of artistic thought process after 100 days: Practice can fix most limitations. Sense much more is possible. Old habits are a blessing and a curse. More time needed on most paintings to truly finish them; however, the time constraint forces discipline which speeds up the learning process. blah blah blah. I have yet to paint a masterpiece and probably wouldn't know it if I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment